“He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouting.” (Job 8:21 ESV)
“A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22 ESV)
I think we have all heard that laughter is the best medicine. Well, I looked it up.
- Did you know laughter is a natural pain killer? I didn’t. Laughter releases endorphines that act as a natural pain killer.
- It soothes stress, reduces anxiety, eases chronic pain and makes you feel good.
- It also strengthens your heart. Laughing produces a cardio workout. Hmmm.
- Laughing helps to ward off disease.
- It tones your abs. (I am not making this up.) Laughter causes the muscles to contract and flex. Beats working out.
- Boosts immunity by activating T cells to help you ward off germs.
- Decreases blood pressure. This I did know.
- It also banishes stress. How can you be stressed when you are laughing?
- It also help depression.
The above was from an article from active beat titled 8 Reasons Why Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine. But the best reason by far, is because God created us to be happy. He loves to hear His kids laugh. So give it a try. Laughter really is good for you. I love to laugh. I laugh at the devil every day. He thinks he has the upper hand but I laugh and he gets mad and leaves. So I encourage you today to laugh. I think you will enjoy it.
Have a blessed day everyone!
Writer and Prayer warrior with Answers2Prayer Ministries
If you would like to receive daily inspirational messages from Kathy Keller, click here and put “devotional” in the subject bar.