“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”Psalm 118:24 ESV
“And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”(Colossians 3:17 ESV)
Google defines grateful as, “Feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful.”
What are you grateful or thankful for? For me there are so many things. Where do I start?
- I am thankful for my home. It’s small but big enough for me. For my car. It’s old and not so pretty but it runs and the ac works.
- I am thankful for the weight I have lost. I feel so much better.
- I am grateful for all my friends who stay by my side through good and bad times. And for my family. There’s not many of us left, but I love every one of them.
- I am thankful for my church and my pastors. I have grown so much in the almost 15 years I have been going there.
- I am thankful my bills all are paid each month. Not much is left over from social security but God provides what I need.
But most of all, I am grateful for God. He took this sinner and turned her life around.
Since I came back to follow God, my life has changed. I am more patient for one thing. If I’m not, God gently reminds me to watch it. I want to please my heavenly Father so much. I love Him because He first loved me.
So what are you grateful for? Start counting your blessings. You might be surprised how much God has done for you.
Have a great day and show some kindness to others today.
Have a great day.
Writer and Prayer warrior with Answers2Prayer Ministries
If you would like to receive daily inspirational messages from Kathy Keller, click here and put “devotional” in the subject bar.