“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19 NKJ)
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord shine his face upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his counteance upon you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26 NKJ)
The new year has come.
I was thinking about this past year yesterday. It was a rough year for many people. But as for me, God more than abundantly supplied all my needs. I can’t think of anything, except a new vehicle, that I wanted that I didn’t get. But it’s coming.
Let me tell you about my year. Don’t worry, it will be short…
- I thank God that my car, even though it’s old and not as pretty as it once was, and has over 200 thousand miles, is still running. It has a few hiccups occasionally, but God takes care of them.
- Some wonderful friends bought me a new recliner.
- Another friend put new tires on my car.
- I have peace with a troublesome neighbor and a quiet home again.
- God put a really nice older gentleman in the building that will help us anyway he can and loves to bbq and feeds us.
- God put me with a dietician/doctor who figured out I am insulin resistant and put me on new medication that is helping with my weight loss.
- I have a great family and wonderful friends.
- I love my church and church family.
- God took me out of a dying church and planted me in a spirit filled church where I am encouraged and helped to grow more in my walk with God.
My resolutions for this year are simple:
- Get closer to God.
- Keep losing weight.
- Expand my ministry. Not sure how yet but God will show me.
We pretty much all make a new years resolution that we never keep. Let’s all make God a priority this year. Let’s get closer to God, go higher in what he has for us. That’s one resolution I can keep. How about you?
Love you all. Have a blessed day!
Writer and Prayer warrior with Answers2Prayer Ministries
If you would like to receive daily inspirational messages from Kathy Keller, click here and put “devotional” in the subject bar.